Are you ready for the last stop on Val’s Book Tour? Today I’m re-introducing the book Managing Transitions by William Bridges. I recommended it in my post “How William Bridges Can Help Church Leaders Get Their Team Through The Wilderness.”
This book contains good, practical, nuts and bolts information on leading people through major change. These topics are the highlights for me:
- Change versus transformation
- The importance of endings and acknowledging them
- The three phrases of major change: ending-neutral zone-beginning
- Managing the neutral zone
- Importance of quick successes
- Sell problems, not solutions
Whether your team is heading into a time of change, or you’re right in the middle of it, this book will be a valuable resource for you.
Have you been to the Facebook page yet to post your own favorite books and see what others are reading and recommending? What are you waiting for? Visit the Coaching4Clergy Facebook page now.