We talk a lot about teams and how important it is that in ministry we work in teams. We even have catchy sayings about team.
- TEAM – Together Everyone Achieves More
- There is no “I” in Team.
- “A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.”
- “Teamwork makes the dream work”
- My favorite – “Wearing the same shirts doesn’t make a team.”
How do we really develop and work in a team?
Consider the following Team-Building Tips:
1. Lone Ranger no more. Decide that you don’t have to do it all! Remember what we learned in Kindergarten: Share!
2. Play to your strengths. What do you do well? Identify your strengths. Only do the things that you are good at.
3. Fill the gap! Once you know your strengths, you will also know the gaps you need to fill with other strengths you may not have. Look for those strengths in potential team members. That powerful combination will create a high-impact team that can get results.