Over the past few weeks I have been sharing with you the secrets of how I get coaching clients. Here’s what I’ve shared so far:
- Secret Number 1 – How can I help you?
- Secret Number 2 – Identify your Connectors
Secret Number Three: Hone your coaching skills
This might seem obvious, but it’s often overlooked.
Masterful coaches attract coaching clients. Great coaching is like pollen to a bee – they seek it out. If you can significantly shorten the learning curve time and time again people will want to work with you.
This is why I’ve been working with a coach and a mentor-coach since 1999. And still do!
How do you hone your coaching skills?
- Practice, Practice & more Practice
- Work with a mentor-coach
- Record your coaching and routinely listen to yourself.
- Listen to other people coach
- Buddy up with another coach and give each other feedback
- When a volunteer coach is needed – raise your hand first!